Tag: Deb Keiser
Last Sunday I sat in the pew next to my husband and youngest son. The two story stained glass panels dwarfed the teacher at the pulpit and transfixed me as I tried to listen. It was a very long week in the days prior and I could finally relax and take in the beauty that surrounded me in the presence of love.
I wanted to stay forever.
Psalm 46 was sung by the choir situated in the loft at the back of the long barn shaped sanctuary. The words filled the air around me and hugged tightly to my body.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
The Lord of hosts is with us; God is with us; He is with me. How often I assure myself with these words. He is not only with me he is my stronghold. Though those words were not visible, they pressed against me like a shield.
Even now as I write this blog post I can close my eyes and feel His presence. Daily I forget though. Daily life gets more complicated and I run from before sun up until well after dark.
I cut out the section of the bulletin including Psalm 46 and taped it to my monitor stand as a reminder.
Not sophisticated but it works.
So does reading books that remind us of his truth. Art creates a space for God. That is one of the things that I love about fiction. Continue reading / Leave a comment…
Hello Fiction Fans!
1) Holly said her favorite beverage in the fall is mulled cider and it must have whipped cream on top, that is not negotiable.
2) Tracey enjoys a hot pumpkin spice chai when she is curled up with her book (she has given up coffee for the month).
3) Michele likes a good ‘ole Diet Coke and prefers it in a pumpkin mug, you know, for the season!
4) Deb digs an Earl Grey tea with a soy topper and two natural sugars, whew, that is a mouthful, and I bet it is delicious!
5) Myself, I prefer a skim latte, plain and simple. I love it when they can make it rich and creamy enough that it tastes like they used whole milk!
What is your preferred fall beverage to curl up with when you are reading? We would love to know!
Happy beautiful leaf changing day, folks!
~Brittany Continue reading / Leave a comment…