Christmas, in my family, has always been the time of year we read aloud the most. “Twas the Night Before Christmas…” was (and still is!) traditionally read by my grandfather on Christmas Eve, and we even have a few family favorites that I can recite entire passages from memory!
This week we are giving away a copy of Putting God Back in the Holidays by Bill and Penny Thrasher to one winner who knows their Christmas literature!
So here’s the deal. Below I have listed 5 opening lines of Christmas stories, and the first person to match the most correct titles with the opening line wins! To enter the contest, comment below with 1) your email address 2) your answers and 3) any Christmas reading traditions your family might have or had growing up. The contest will close on Friday morning, and I will email the winner directly and post the results here. Good luck!!
1) “The Herdmans were absolutely the worst kids in the history of the world.”
2) “’Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents,’ [she] grumbled, lying on the rug.”
3) “One dollar and eighty-seven cents. That was all.”
4) “The gate was packed with weary travelers, most of them standing and huddled along the walls because the meager allotment of plastic chairs had long since been taken.”
5) “Marley was dead, to begin with.”
ABOUT THE BOOK
Instead of the joy-filled celebrations that we build up in our minds, the holidays (pick one, any one) can often become stress-filled, money-draining, joy-less days of the year that we just “want to get through.” And it is by our own volition that we have refused too many times to allow our holiday celebrations to be the spiritual experience they are meant to be.
This book has been conceived and designed over 30 years as Dr. Bill Thrasher has spoken to thousands of people, helping them realize the spiritual battle that surrounds their celebration of the holidays. Littered with practical thoughts, ideas, experiences, and stories, Putting God Back in the Holidays will help you and your family celebrate holidays and birthdays with biblical truth in mind.