5 Terrific Things About Cowgirl Trail + Giveaway!
We are so excited to announce the release of Cowgirl Trail, as of April 1st! In honor of this exciting release, we have 5 terrific thoughts from author Susan Page Davis on her writing of the book, along with 5 copies to GIVE AWAY!
Cowgirl Trail tells the story of Maggie Porter, daughter determined to save her family’s ranch. When the cowboys at her father’s ranch go on strike, she decides she will drive the cattle to market. Can the new cowgirls make it to market with outlaws determined to stop them?
For a chance to win your copy, answer this question in the comments below: If you could pick any profession to try other than your own, what would it be?
(Winners will be notified Thursday, April 5th.)
Below are 5 terrific thoughts from Susan Page Davis answering that question and more!
1. If Cowgirl Trail had a soundtrack, what song(s) would be on it?
Definitely the lullabies (English and Spanish) and hymns that the night riders sing to the cattle in the story, and maybe the song “Cattle Call” for some yodeling fun.
2. What was your favorite way to take a break during the writing of Cowgirl Trail?
Go out and watch our horses. They lend inspiration when I’m feeling far from Texas! We have two, both in the 4-to-5-year-old range. Asphodel is a black (well, dark brown but looks black except in direct sunlight) Tennessee Walker gelding, and Indie is a reddish bay mare of uncertain lineage.
3. If you could pick one character from Cowgirl Trail to meet in real life, who would it be?
I think Carlotta Herrera. There’s never a dull moment with that senorita around!
4. What portion of Cowgirl Trail was your favorite to write?
Probably the part about the striking cowboys following the herd that the women are driving. There were some fun moments in the boys’ camp.
5. If you lived during the time of Cowgirl Trail, what profession would you want to have? Cowgirl, or something else?
At Maggie’s age, I probably would want to be out there on the range–but I’d be the wrangler, not a cowgirl.